Monday, August 23, 2010

Aah, the blessed first post.

It's a good day for a first post. Baby's sleeping, sun is shining, and I haven't showered yet. Alright, so you're asking yourself - "aaaand, why does this mattter???" I do my best writing before I shower. That's it.

I have another blog. I don't remember what it's called, and I wouldn't recommend looking for it. It hasn't been updated in about 3 years. I'm sure it's got some tastey little anecdotes and inspiring words of wisdom, but I still wouldn't bother. And on that note, I make no promises that this blog won't also expire. There's a season for everything, to live, to die, to come, to go, to blog...to not.

 You may be wondering how I was so clever as to come up with a name as crackerjack as segacious. It was the word of the day on Thesaurus.com, which I also just used to synonym search clever for crackerjack. You might think I'm a cheater, but I think its rather resourceful of me. Segacious seemed a very fitting title for me, a mama (as well as a wife, daughter and sister). I don't claim to know it all, or have vast amounts of wisdom on many subjects, but I seek to know, I love to learn, and I hope to better understand, and that my friend, is wisdom.

What do I hope to achieve in this blog? I'd like to say I've got a mission and a theme to keep focused, like a blog about mothering; about the highs, the lows, the pros, the cons, what to do and what NOT to do (like letting your baby eat silica gel, which I didn't exactly LET him do, but it may have fallen out of some new shoes, and perhaps was on the floor of his bedroom, and just might have ended up in his mouth, but thankgoodness for dads, right? BTW - he's fine. He somehow didn't manage to saw all the way through the paper packaging with his little razor teeth.

I hope to write about many things mommy, but also about life. We learn something new everyday (don't get excited - me + blogging is unlikely to be a daily occurence). Nevertheless, if we are taking in what is going on around us and listening to those more sagaciously in-tune than we are, everyday is an opportunity to expand our borders of knowledge and understanding.

Stay tuned, keep posted, and get sagacious - like me.


-  Sagaciousmama

No comments:

Post a Comment