Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Biggest La-Ooser: How I Measured Up

 The day has come for me to announce, that I am not the Biggest La-Ooser. I know the grief is hard to bear at this point, but I'm here to tell you that it's really O.K.

After twelve weeks I watched 14lbs and nearly 20 inches disappear off my body (where does it actually go? I've always wondered...) and I'm incredibly satisfied with my accomplishment. I MAY have rewarded myself with a handful or two (or three) of Hershey's chocolate chips, and a hot cocoa lavishly topped with miniature marshmallows. On that note: f you're going to indulge in chocolate for the first time in three months, please, invest in Lindor, Ferrero Rocher, or at the very least, Cadbury - something with a little substance. Hershey's semi-sweet baking chocolate is not worth the hundreds of calories easily consumed in sheer minutes, but what's done is done.


Nonetheless, I celebrated, I indulged, and other than experiencing a rather annoying (but to be expected - my body hates sugar) bout of hives following my sugar binge, I really have no raging desire to go back for more. Of course there's always allowances, and surely I'll enjoy my share of treats between now and New Years Eve, but I hope to keep the patterns that I've developed over the last three months and allow them to shape my future for eating and exercise. I've enjoyed pulling on my jeans without have to do jump squats, and I'm soaking up the invigorating feeling of energy that runs through my veins after an 8 kilometer run.

I'm also looking forward to blogging about topics totally unrelated to my own personal weightloss journey, and venturing into the many things I'm inspired to write about. Stay tuned, there's definitely more...

Sagacious Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment